At MASECO Private Wealth we do not subscribe to a particular belief unless there is sufficient academic evidence to support it. We believe:
1. Markets work. There is a strong positive relationship between risk and return. Companies compete for capital and investors compete for return, driving prices to fair value.
2. Diversification allows you to either increase your return for a given level of risk or reduce your risk for a given level of return.
3. Asset Allocation explains the vast majority of a portfolio’s performance.
4. Costs and taxes can significantly impact your portfolio.
5. Past performance is generally not a good indicator of future performance. (see Publications for more information on this topic)
6. Buy and hold strategies outperform most active strategies.